Sunday, July 19, 2009

Maine 2009











Okay, so here's a few shots from our recent return to home in Bangor, Maine. We did the traditional annual lobster quest down in Trenton at Lunt's Lobster Pound. Aunnie and I each had a 2 lb. lobster, and it was GOOD! I made it back to my church on a visit and got a nice shot of the glass as you enter the church on your left. The house you see is the one I grew up in before we moved to Norfolk St.. It is still the one I dream about when I dream about being home. The coastal pictures were taken down in Bar Harbor on my iPhone. In fact, all the pictures were taken on my iPhone.

The table is one my dad made by hand, sanding by hand for hours. It is made out of various parts of a wooden pallet. I've got some more pictures of other things he's made to show you later.

Of course, on the way up we had to stop at LL Bean's in Freeport, ME. Always a nice break from the road. Got a windbreaker there and we got a cooler for our road trips. Would have loved to get yet another bag, but I think Aunnie would have killed me. LOL. Since we were there close to dinner time, we stopped at McGritty's Pub down the road from L.L. Bean's. It's actually closer the end where you get on the interstate. Anyhow, if you find yourself up in that neck of the woods, make sure you stop by. I had the lobster mac n' cheese with fried jalapenos on top. While that may sound counter-intuitive I have to tell you it was fabulous. Big chunks of lobster, and the jalapenos were not hot, but more tangy. It was really a treat. Then of course that was followed by the strawberry rhubarb crisp. Yummy. It was really nice to get home again.

No comments: